– 2 cups of medjool dates (360g)
– 1 cup of pumpkin seeds (180g)
– 3 tablespoons of maple syrup/honey
– 1/2 a cup of raisins (100g)
– 1 cup of ground almonds (160g)
– 1/2 of a cup of buckwheat groats (150g)
– 1/2 a cup of melted coconut oil (100g)
– 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
– 2 tablespoons of almond butter
– 1/4 Cup of Gogi berries / chopped dried fruit (optional)
– 1/4 Cup Raw Cacao nibs (optional)
– 1/4 Cup Sunflower seeds (Optional)
Preheat the oven on 180C.
Once the oven is hot, pour the buckwheat into a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Place the cacao oil over a double boil and heat until fully melted.
Pour the pumpkin seeds into a food processor and blitz until they’re fully ground down.
Then pit the dates and add them to the food processor along with the almond butter, ground almonds, maple syrup/honey, cacao powder and cacao butter. Blitz the ingredients together until they form a really smooth and sticky consistency.
Pour the mixture into a large bowl with the raisins and toasted buckwheat and mix well. As an optional exra you can add any other dried fruit, nuts, seeds or my favourite is raw cacao nibs.
Line a baking dish with baking paper, pour the mixture into the baking dish and pat down with a spatula. The mixture can be pretty sticky so make sure you compress the mixture down well into all the corners. Freeze for about an hour.
Take the mixture out of the freezer and cut into about 12 chunks. Place the squares in freezer storage container and help yourself every time you need a swwet treat!