Are you craving junk foods? Feel sluggish and tired all the time? Fuelling yourself on caffeine and sugar on a daily basis? Then it’s time reset your mind and body with a Detox / Cleanse.
Many people are under the illusion that they are the healthiest they can be, that their persistent cough, tiredness and poor sleep is just how they are. What if these symptoms were your body’s way of informing you that you are toxic, have food intolerances, or your system is overloaded and out of balance.
Detoxifying is NOT simply for those wishing to lose weight. The aim of detox is on overall wellness and vitality. Everyone can benefit from a healthy detox and cleansing program. Many diets tell you that will power and restricted calories are the key to successful weight loss but this is not how your body truly works. If your body is starved of nutrients, you can actually hold on to weight as your body enters starvation mode as a safety mechanism.
A detox programme is NOT a ‘quick fix’ diet.It is intended to help you get your body back on track, rid toxins that may be preventing it from working efficiently. This is a great lifestyle plan no matter what your age, shape sizeor athletic build is!
No matter what your age, shape, size or build as you begin to detoxify you may feel worse before you feel amazing. This is simply your body releasing stored toxins and rebalancing without the crutches of caffeine, sugar, gluten and other personally specific allergens that are clogging up your system and deteriorating your health.
BENEFITS OF DETOXING:
- More energy & vitality
- Waking up feeling lighter, positive and refreshed
- Improved mental clarity
- Weight loss
- Cellulite & poor skin tone diminished
- Clearer skin
- Less headaches
- Less inflammation, bloating & digestion issues
- Better bowel health
- Improved skin, hair & nails
- Improved sleep
- No or less joint pain
As you begin to detoxify and transition away from addictive foods, stored toxins in your bodyare released ready for removal so you may feel worse for a short period. This sensation passes and you will soon feel much better.
FOCUS ON 5 KEY AREAS
1) Eat clean, real and whole foods – Due to the overabundance of pre-packaged and fast food, many people are overweight and
undernourished. We can carry toxic fat whilst our bodies are starving for real nutrition
2) Alkalise your body and reduce inflammation – Sugary, processed and chemical filled foods as well as alcohol, caffeine and highamounts of processed dairy, red meats and grains are acid forming. If you are consuming any of these, be sure to balance them out with fresh vegetables, dark greenleafy vegetables, low sugar fruits and water.
3) Eliminate allergenic and addictive foods – Many people experience symptoms of poor health and premature ageing and have no idea that the solution may be a simple as removing possible food allergens. This plan includes removing possible allergenic foods like gluten, processed dairy, soy and processed sugars. If you cringe at the thought of removing a certain food, there is a high possibility that you are intolerant to it.
4) Balance blood sugar – Balancing blood sugar is vital in obtaining good health and weight loss. The plan encourages eating low Glycaemic foods for many reasons.
5) Reduce toxin exposure – It is near impossible to remove toxins that are part of our modern day living but where possible we can do our best to reduce exposure. Non-stick pan coatings, BPA in plastic
bottles and linings of cans, toxins in skincare products we use, tap water, pesticides and herbicides…the list goes
6) Keep hydrated – Hugely important for productivity, clarity and flushing out toxins.
- First thing you do when you wake up is drink a large glass of water or have hot water and lemon. This clears your skin, boosts immune system and balances ph. It can help with weight loss and aids digestion.
- Tirednes and hunger often comes from dehydration – drink lots of water throughout the day. Aim for 8 glasses and up to 2 litres and more if you exercise. It will reduce tiredness, fatigue but also flush out the toxins.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.. Who drinks coffee? Do you like the taste or the hit? Is it boredom – an excuse to leave your desk? A habit? You may think you need a coffee for the energy but it is likely to be dehydration or hunger…
By removing toxins you are reducing the burden on the bodies 7 detoxification organs: the liver, kidneys, intestines, blood, lungs,lymphatic system and skin. If you also support these organs with the correct nutrients, you will help your body eliminate these toxins efficiently. With modern day living, the more support we can give these organs the better.
Here are the 3 Steps to Destroy Excuses…
Step One: Make A Plan
There’s huge benefit to having a step-by-step plan when working toward a goal. Write out exactly how many times you’ll exercise per week, for how long, and make a list of acceptable foods. This plan will be your follow-along-guide to arrive at your goal, so put a lot of thought into it.
Feel free to reach out to us for help with this step. We’d love to get you set up with the right plan to reach your goal.
Step Two: Have Accountability
Your next insurance against excuses is to enlist as much accountability as possible. Try to find people who will actively check up on you (like me!) rather than people who aren’t likely to follow up on your progress. Share your detailed plan with these accountability partners and explain the importance that your goal has for you.
Feel free to reach out to us for help with this step as well. We are professionals at keeping our clients accountable!
Step Three: Set a Deadline
All good things must come to an end, and so does the journey to your ideal body. How long should the process take? Well, that’s up to your unique situation: 1) How much fat you have to lose, and 2) How hard you are willing to work to get there. Find a reasonable timeframe in which to accomplish your goal, then focus all your energy on meeting this deadline.
Call or email us today—We’d love to sit down with you to go over your best plan to get you into amazing shape. Together let’s finally make it happen for you. Better late than never, right?
Whether the journey you are on is about weight loss, making healthier decisions, or becoming more toned (or all of these!) click here to read our Top 15 TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT AND GET FIT! (link to blog)